Thursday, November 30, 2006

Going Bananas!


Standing in the middle of the street, Mr. Chaubeji had a banana ho,
Threw the banana peel right there, and set out in pomp and show!
But alas! He stepped on the peel and took a great fall,
His hat was undone, glasses shattered, “Oh my God!”, he gave a shrill call!

The banana peel mocked Chaubeji, saying, “Didn’t I say a banana could be fun?
For all the fools who throw peels on the street, may this lesson be a good one!”



[NOTE: The “ho” in the first line above was a desperate effort on my part to keep up the AA-BB rhyme-scheme!]

17 comments:

Amalendu said...

ha.. ha.. good one...in fact, refreshing one....

Anonymous said...

Shame on you! Laughing at the expense of poor Chaubeji!! I a just kidding Amal. Thanks a lot!

Flyaway Mind said...

that one was funny, different from ur usual style...

Anonymous said...

Thanks flyaway mind. I had a 6-yr old kid tell me that I was "naturally funny". Don't know what he meant by that. I was wearing my PJs and geeky glasses then. So, maybe that triggered it... :)

polona said...

funny one :) enjoyed!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Polona :))

J. Andrew Lockhart said...

:) very good

Anonymous said...

Thanks Andrew!

gautami tripathy said...

I enjoyed this! Looks as if translated from Hindi!

Anonymous said...

Yes Gautami, that's right. My 7-yr old niece religiously narrated that to me in Hindi (with actions, et al), and I translated it into English. Or maaybe, "Hinglish"?

S.L. Corsua said...

Downright entertaining. *chuckles* You and your niece make a great team. ^_^

Anonymous said...

Soulless, "dhanyavaad" (thank you in Hindi)!

Anonymous said...

Duuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your time, anonymous...

Anonymous said...

GET A LIFE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

So, you just selling black pearls or are you selling lives too? Let me know. Maybe I will buy one.

Anonymous said...

You think you can afford it pal ; - ) !?!?!