Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Reborn



Words don’t suffice how thankful I am to have you as a Teacher. All good wishes to you on your birthday. Happy birthday Babuji!

~~~~~~~~~

From up there to here,
A journey predefined.
On your special day,
I have a special poem on my mind.


People come and people go,
Like scenes of a play or a matinee show.
Very few fit and get imprinted within,
My teacher, on your special day, let me replay that imprinted scene…

Birthdays come and birthdays go,
On one such birthday, I had a friend ho!
It was God’s way to send by my side,
A Teacher, a Philosopher and a Guide.

I could wish for you fame, money and fortune,
I could wish for you the sun, the stars and the moon.
But I know the best things I could ask for. The other things just don’t matter.
These do - May you change more lives for the better.
May you continue to be His instrument of love.
May you bring peace like a white dove.
They need you, our sisters and brothers.
May you keep finding more of yourself in helping others.

We are reborn everyday,
And find a new way.
My new way started in a classroom somewhere with you,
Settled on my mind like flowery dew.
I am thankful - The fact that you were born, that you are, makes me what I am, what I will be,
Dear Babuji…happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday to thee.

Nov 29th…here you are…all happiness, no pain,
Reborn…never to die again.

~~~~~~~~~

14 comments:

gautami tripathy said...

AS a teacher, I would like to be remembered, they way your remember your teacher. And without students like you, where will we be?

Kranti said...

Gautami, I believe we are all students...forever...this is even more true for Teachers like you and I. "To teach is to learn twice."

polona said...

what a beautiful tribute... enjoyed!

Kranti said...

Thanks Polona! Many thanks!!

J. Andrew Lockhart said...

I hope one of my school kids will feel this way about me some day. :)

floots said...

a fine tribute
i echo the comments of gautami tripathy and andrew

Unknown said...

one word to describe it - BEAUTIFUL!

Anonymous said...

Amen Andrew!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the kind words Floots. Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Poo...blog ain't running yet?

Amalendu said...

A great tribute to a teacher...
it is lovely Kranti..

Anonymous said...

Thanks Amal. Knowing the kind of student you are, I know you can understand the gratitude very well.

Flyaway Mind said...

"But I know the best things I could ask for. The other things just don’t matter.
These do - May you change more lives for the better." thats a beautiful wish to make on a teacher's bday

Anonymous said...

Many thanks flyaway mind.